Sunday, April 22, 2007

 





Happy Hollow




We decided that since it was a nice day to head out to the San Jose Zoo... sort of. It's kind of the cheap version of a zoo. It was complete with squirrels, cochroaches, guinea pigs, and ducks. It did have a jaguar and some other animals but no elephants, giraffes or anything like that. It was a lot of fun and for $5 you can't beat the price.




They had an area where you could feed the animals and it had goats, pot-bellied pigs, a couple cows, and some other animals. We spent quite a bit of time there. My personal favorite exhibit was the one where they had 4 parrots up in the trees and about a dozen guinea pigs running around the bottom. A squirrel had made it up in the tree and was eating right out of the parrots' food, it was pretty funny with the guinea pigs alone but the squirrel made it even funnier! We had fun and we're going to try and go to the "real zoo" in "the city" (Everyone who lives in San Jose calls San Francisco "the city". SJ is a big city for us!) and check it out. It's supposed to be awesome!

Comments:
(I will admit the I'm really tired before I confess what I saw in the first pic on your zoo post). Look at the picture of the guinea pig. I was looking at it backward and I thought it was a pot bellied pig. I saw the guinea pig's foot as a big pig's nose. I even had to make the picture bigger to see what it was. I must not get out enough!
Sarah*
P.S. Where's the dog poo picture? Come on!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?