Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 



Stella...Stella...Stella


Well the other day we went to the store and left the girls on the deck. They normally hang out there and their food bag has always been out there so we thought it would be no big deal to leave them for an hour or so. Stella ripped a head-sized hole in the side of the bag and ate a ton of food. We weighed her and it came to almost 4 lbs of food. To give you an idea of what this is like it would be like a 200 lb. man eating almost 27 lbs. of food. The dog looked like she swallowed a soccer ball.


When I got home I took her for a few walks trying to get her to... well... poop some of it out. The first time- no dice. The second time we ran around the park a few times and she ended up puking and pooping a bunch. I thought we were mostly in the clear then. I was wrong. All night, every 45-60 minutes she had to go outside. The next day was much of the same. She is finally back to her normal size (this happened on Saturday) and appears to be fine.


At least we have one good dog... I've also included a picture of the girls laying out in the sun prior to the buffet Saturday night.

Comments:
What a great story! I'm glad she's alright. I can't believe she's grown so much. Andy didn't even recognuze her in the most recent picture!
Sarah*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?